06 Feb Things To Know Before You Hire A WordPress Website Developer
Wouldn’t it be great to build a new website in WordPress for your start-up or seasoned business? There are a few things to consider before you hire a WordPress website developer.
WordPress offers many different themes to choose from. It’s a good idea to check out the sales and reviews when selecting a theme. Some WordPress themes are better than others.
A Few Questions To Ask Before Buying Your WordPress Theme
- How long has the WordPress Theme been on the market?
- Does your WordPress Theme offer support?
- How much does the WordPress Theme cost?
New WordPress themes are launched all the time. Sometimes the WordPress themes are free, other times they can cost from $65 dollars up to $2,500 with a license.
What about the customization of your website design? The fun part! It’s an investment for sure. Who will design and build your WordPress website? Hopefully, an experienced WordPress developer who has worked on several themes. You’ll want to ask your WordPress developer if they have experience with using multiple themes. Ask to see live website designs and speak to their customers.
Some Facts About WordPress Websites and Developers
- Even the best WordPress websites require an investment in marketing and advertising after the design & build
- WordPress websites require an investment in updating to the latest version, keeping plugins up-to-date and backups (check out BackUpBuddy)
- Your WordPress website developer should recommend a Secure Socket Layer SSL – read more about SSL’s here
- Consider devoting a website page for each product you sell or service you offer
- Write at least 300 words of copywriting for each page
- Use stock photos or authentic photos to tell your story online
- Try to select 5-10 photos or graphics for each page to begin
WordPress is a content management system that allows you to update photos and change writing easily. Many clients start out wanting to make changes themselves. It’s nice to have that autonomy. Most business owners end up too busy to update the website on their own.
It’s a good idea to get on a monthly plan to add fresh website content and update your site on a regular basis. Keep your website interesting for customers and let the search engines know you have relevant information to share and feature. Consider posting a blog or new promotion.
Contact Vision 2 Market if you have any questions about WordPress websites or general website design. Vision 2 Market offers a free consultation.